Friday, September 09, 2005

Another Report from Fellowship Festival

Just got another report from the Fellowship Festival...thanks to Kristin for her report and pictures!


Hi, Carolyn!

I went to the Fellowship Festival in London this August and one of the fondest memories I bring home with me is meeting Daniel Falconer. I had admired his work before the Festival, but knew very little of him. Like anyone who have met him, I have to say he is incredibly sweet, down-to-earth and genuinely interested in what you have to say. And so talented! I could listen to his panels all day. I very much enjoyed the costume panels he did together with Julia McGee (jedielfqueen.com), and was especially happy to hear him talk about the Haradrim and Easterlings, as I think those costumes are absolutely amazing.

I also attended his panel where he talked about designing Treebeard, very interesting to see the different sketches that led up to the Treebeard we see in the films. We also got to see some of the upcoming WETA collectibles that they've been working on for Narnia and King Kong.
I very much hope I will have the pleasure of meeting Daniel again, he is such an interesting person to both talk with and listen to.

-Kristin










0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home